Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Practical Biology! 1 Year and 100 Posts!


Practical Biology is 1 year old and this is officially the 100th post!  My goal for this first year was to produce 100 posts and simply see what happens.  This coming year I plan to continue development of the blog, with posts every Monday and Friday.  My goal is to make real science both interesting and accessible to the general public.  I want to tell the stories of nature and science so everyone can understand.  Most science generally is presented as overly complex and inaccessible to the average person.  However, when presented the right way even normally difficult inaccessible science becomes understandable and practical.  While the average person without a lab can't carryout high-tech science experiments they can understand high-tech science and carryout meaningful real experiments.

In the coming year I plan on creating more posts on natural history, gardening, enzyme experiments, wild food foraging, food experiments, soils, and anything else I come across that makes science real to the typical non-scientist.  I hope to produce content that is both interesting and useful for you, the reader.  Any comments, suggestions, or topic ideas that you may be interested in would be greatly appreciated.  Just let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment